AUSTRALIA: AWI Chairman Ditched In Election Battle
Maree McCaskill lost her position in the company's first election since its birth 18 months ago. She is set to be replaced by former defence minister Ian McLachlan who topped the vote with nearly 270,000 votes. Managing director Col Dorber kept his position on the board.
Ms McCaskill immediately launched a blistering attack on the election campaign and the main wool lobby group WoolProducers which she claimed had led to "malicious and totally unsubstantiated" remarks which have "harmed the wool industry, caused confusion and misled AWI's shareholders".
But WoolProducers president Simon Campbell hit back: "The wool industry has suffered division for too long," he said in a statement.
"Growers have made their choice, and that choice represents an exciting change in culture that will serve all shareholders."
Companies: Australian Wool Innovation Limited
Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI) has launched a $2 million five-year research project to determine if selective breeding programs can produce blowfly-strike resistant sheep....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
Industry body Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) is pushing Australia's government to ensure the country's wool is included in any forthcoming free trade agreements with China....
Industry marketing body Australian Wool Innovation has netted a deal with Chinese garment maker the Heilan group that will reportedly launch wool-blend machine-washable men's suits onto the Chinese ma...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack