AUSTRALIA: AWRAP/Woolmark Appoints Interim Board
The moves to reform Australia's wool industry and install replacement structures for AWRAP and Woolmark, continue with the appointment, by the Australian Government, of an interim board of directors has been appointed for the Australian Wool Research and Promotion Organisation (AWRAP) and its subsidiary, the The Woolmark Company. Rodney Price, a former managing director of building materials group Pioneer International and a former director of newspaper publisher John Fairfax, is the new chairman of the interim board. He was also a member of the Wool Industry Review Committee in 1993, and is a former member of the Australian Wool Industry Council.Other interim board members include sheep farmers; academic professor Andrew Vizard, current AWRAP chairman; businessman Tony Sherlock; Patricia Murphy, farmer and New South Wales agriculture economist; Murray Rogers, AWB chief executive; and Trevor Flugge, AWB chairman.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Brands urged to empower women in sub-Sahara Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective