AUSTRALIA: AWRAP/Woolmark Appoints Interim Board
The moves to reform Australia's wool industry and install replacement structures for AWRAP and Woolmark, continue with the appointment, by the Australian Government, of an interim board of directors has been appointed for the Australian Wool Research and Promotion Organisation (AWRAP) and its subsidiary, the The Woolmark Company. Rodney Price, a former managing director of building materials group Pioneer International and a former director of newspaper publisher John Fairfax, is the new chairman of the interim board. He was also a member of the Wool Industry Review Committee in 1993, and is a former member of the Australian Wool Industry Council.Other interim board members include sheep farmers; academic professor Andrew Vizard, current AWRAP chairman; businessman Tony Sherlock; Patricia Murphy, farmer and New South Wales agriculture economist; Murray Rogers, AWB chief executive; and Trevor Flugge, AWB chairman.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts