AUSTRALIA: AWRAP/Woolmark Appoints Interim Board
The moves to reform Australia's wool industry and install replacement structures for AWRAP and Woolmark, continue with the appointment, by the Australian Government, of an interim board of directors has been appointed for the Australian Wool Research and Promotion Organisation (AWRAP) and its subsidiary, the The Woolmark Company. Rodney Price, a former managing director of building materials group Pioneer International and a former director of newspaper publisher John Fairfax, is the new chairman of the interim board. He was also a member of the Wool Industry Review Committee in 1993, and is a former member of the Australian Wool Industry Council.Other interim board members include sheep farmers; academic professor Andrew Vizard, current AWRAP chairman; businessman Tony Sherlock; Patricia Murphy, farmer and New South Wales agriculture economist; Murray Rogers, AWB chief executive; and Trevor Flugge, AWB chairman.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016