USA: Axe Falls On South Carolina Yarn Plant
Up to 45 textile workers in South Carolina are set to lose their jobs with the closure of a yarn plant in the latest blow to a state devastated by job cuts and factory shutdowns.
Martin Colour-Fi said it will close its yarn plant as part of a move to focus on its core polyester fibre business but will offer the affected workers jobs at its polyester extrusion plant.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"