USA: B2B Colour Solutions Agreement Announced
Responding to the fact that colour development and approval is one of the single largest deterrents in getting fabrics from the mill on time, GretagMacbeth and Ai have announced a new partnership aimed at reducing lead times within the colour management supply chain. By integrating GretagMacbeth's NetPalette B2B colour communication software with Ai's Collaborative Product Management tool suite, the two companies can now offer what is thought to be the first comprehensive, web enabled colour measurement and PDM (Product Development Management) capabilities. According to Jim Davis, president, GretagMacbeth LLC: "Our more innovative customers have recognised that the old single vendor, proprietary approach of colour management solutions is outdated and limiting. Our collaboration with Ai reflects the success of our investment in open architectures and Internet technology, and will result in a compression of colour approval cycle times unachieved until now."NetPalette utilises a web-based architecture that supports the authoring and accessing of colour data throughout the textile/apparel supply chain. Through NetPalette users can create palettes, monitor details of submissions and manage the flow of colour related information. Direct input of spectral measurements is possible from multiple points in the supply chain, contributing to shorter cycle times and reduced operator error. All functions will operate with a browser type interface and be will compatible with most Internet related databases.Mike Keating, Ai VP of e-commerce and product strategy, added: "This partnership was designed to directly target those inefficiencies that prevent speed to market in colour development for apparel, textile and trim companies, and GretagMacbeth's leadership in B2B colour management makes this a perfect match."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022