GERMANY: Baby and toddler data added to body size portal
An international database of body shapes in different countries has been expanded to include the body dimensions of babies and toddlers for the first time.
The data is the result of a measurement survey carried out on 2,000 infants in France by the IFTH (Institut Francais du Textile et l'Habillement). Babies up to two years old were measured manually in France, while a 3D body scanner was used for toddlers between the ages of three and five.
The information has been incorporated into the iSize 'body dimension portal' developed by Human Solutions, where it can help improve the size and fit of children's products.
The body measurements and size tables from the French baby survey show that children have grown larger and stockier, with large differences between the smallest and the largest statures within the same age group. However, there is little difference between the various small, medium and large figures.
The iSize portal, which was launched in October 2009, helps apparel firms tailor their garments to shoppers in new markets by enabling them to check their ready-made size tables against international databases.
It includes international data pools on body shapes in different countries, and manufacturers can interactively modify their size tables in line with the databases.
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015