USA: Bad News For Goody's As Sales Slide
Goody's Family Clothing Inc, a retailer of moderately priced apparel, today posted a fourth quarter net loss of $7.6 million compared to net earnings of $11.1m in the year-ago period.
The Tennessee-based firm said total sales during the quarter fell to $363.1m from $400.3m in fiscal 2000, while its full-year results saw it post a net loss of $20.2m, or $0.62 per share, versus net earnings of $13.3m, or $0.41 per diluted share, last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth