US: Bakers Footwear narrows Q3 loss
- Q3 net loss narrowed to $8.9m from $10.2m
- Net sales rose 3.9% to $40.6m from $39.0m
- Comparable store sales up 5.9%
Shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has narrowed its third-quarter loss thanks to higher sales at its 236 stores.
“Our performance was driven by continued strength in boots and dress shoes as well as a strong response to the launch of our exclusive brands, H by Halston and Wild Pair,” noted CEO Peter Edison.
He added: “Our fourth quarter is off to a great start and we remain confident that our strategic new product and category initiatives will lead to increases in sales and operating performance during the remainder of the holiday season and as we begin 2011.
“This is evidenced by our record Black Friday performance, and our comparable store sales increase of 4.8% for the first six weeks of the quarter.”
Bakers Footwear Group reported a reduced profit during the fourth quarter period, as sales crept forward by 1%. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019