US: Bakers narrows first quarter loss
- Net sales up 8% to $47.0m
- Same-store sales increase 9.3%
- Net loss down to $2.5m
US shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has announced a narrowed loss for the thirteen weeks ended 30 April 2011.
The company's first quarter net loss was $2.5m, compared to a net loss of $3.5m in the first quarter of last year.
Peter Edison, chairman and CEO of Bakers Footwear Group, said: “We began the year solidly, reporting increased first quarter sales, increased comparable store sales and a significant improvement in our operating performance compared to the first quarter last year.
"During the quarter, our customers responded positively to our footwear assortments across categories led by dress shoes, wedges and open-toe sandals."
Higher sales and margins have helped Bakers Footwear Group Inc narrow its second quarter loss, with the women's shoe retailer adding that same-store sales have continued to improve as the autumn seaso...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details