US: Bakers narrows first quarter loss
- Net sales up 8% to $47.0m
- Same-store sales increase 9.3%
- Net loss down to $2.5m
US shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has announced a narrowed loss for the thirteen weeks ended 30 April 2011.
The company's first quarter net loss was $2.5m, compared to a net loss of $3.5m in the first quarter of last year.
Peter Edison, chairman and CEO of Bakers Footwear Group, said: “We began the year solidly, reporting increased first quarter sales, increased comparable store sales and a significant improvement in our operating performance compared to the first quarter last year.
"During the quarter, our customers responded positively to our footwear assortments across categories led by dress shoes, wedges and open-toe sandals."
Higher sales and margins have helped Bakers Footwear Group Inc narrow its second quarter loss, with the women's shoe retailer adding that same-store sales have continued to improve as the autumn seaso...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis