US: Bakers reports wider Q1 loss
- Net sales down 3.2% to US$43.5m
- Same-store sales decreased 1.6%
- Net loss 20% wider at $3.5m
Footwear retailer Bakers Footwear has widened its first quarter loss following an "unfavorable response" to its sandal category in the latter part of the period.
Peter Edison, chairman and chief executive officer of Bakers Footwear Group, said: "While we remain cautious with regard to our near term performance given a tough sandal season, reflected by year-to-date comparable store sales.
"For the fall season, we will introduce a number of new brands and are already beginning to see promising initial reads in the boot category."
Women's shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group slid to a bigger second quarter loss after sales edged down 1% in the three months to 31 July....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- VF Corp ups guidance as Q3 earnings climb
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam