US: Bakers reports wider Q1 loss
- Net sales down 3.2% to US$43.5m
- Same-store sales decreased 1.6%
- Net loss 20% wider at $3.5m
Footwear retailer Bakers Footwear has widened its first quarter loss following an "unfavorable response" to its sandal category in the latter part of the period.
Peter Edison, chairman and chief executive officer of Bakers Footwear Group, said: "While we remain cautious with regard to our near term performance given a tough sandal season, reflected by year-to-date comparable store sales.
"For the fall season, we will introduce a number of new brands and are already beginning to see promising initial reads in the boot category."
Women's shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group slid to a bigger second quarter loss after sales edged down 1% in the three months to 31 July....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras