US: Bakers reports wider Q1 loss
- Net sales down 3.2% to US$43.5m
- Same-store sales decreased 1.6%
- Net loss 20% wider at $3.5m
Footwear retailer Bakers Footwear has widened its first quarter loss following an "unfavorable response" to its sandal category in the latter part of the period.
Peter Edison, chairman and chief executive officer of Bakers Footwear Group, said: "While we remain cautious with regard to our near term performance given a tough sandal season, reflected by year-to-date comparable store sales.
"For the fall season, we will introduce a number of new brands and are already beginning to see promising initial reads in the boot category."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group slid to a bigger second quarter loss after sales edged down 1% in the three months to 31 July....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022