US: Bakers reports wider Q1 loss
- Net sales down 3.2% to US$43.5m
- Same-store sales decreased 1.6%
- Net loss 20% wider at $3.5m
Footwear retailer Bakers Footwear has widened its first quarter loss following an "unfavorable response" to its sandal category in the latter part of the period.
Peter Edison, chairman and chief executive officer of Bakers Footwear Group, said: "While we remain cautious with regard to our near term performance given a tough sandal season, reflected by year-to-date comparable store sales.
"For the fall season, we will introduce a number of new brands and are already beginning to see promising initial reads in the boot category."
Women's shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group slid to a bigger second quarter loss after sales edged down 1% in the three months to 31 July....
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- M&S continuing to drive sustainability agenda
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase