US: Bakers reports wider Q1 loss
- Net sales down 3.2% to US$43.5m
- Same-store sales decreased 1.6%
- Net loss 20% wider at $3.5m
Footwear retailer Bakers Footwear has widened its first quarter loss following an "unfavorable response" to its sandal category in the latter part of the period.
Peter Edison, chairman and chief executive officer of Bakers Footwear Group, said: "While we remain cautious with regard to our near term performance given a tough sandal season, reflected by year-to-date comparable store sales.
"For the fall season, we will introduce a number of new brands and are already beginning to see promising initial reads in the boot category."
Women's shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group slid to a bigger second quarter loss after sales edged down 1% in the three months to 31 July....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024