US: Bakers secures US$5m Madden investment
The company, which retails footwear to young women, said it would use the net proceeds of the deal – about $4.6m – for working capital purposes.
In return, Steve Madden gains more than 1.8m shares of common stock, equivalent to a 19.99% equity interest in Bakers.
However, the company has agreed to vote its shares in the same manner as Peter Edison, Bakers CEO.
“We are pleased to expand our 20-year partnership with Steve Madden, one of our largest suppliers, to include a financial investment,” said Edison.
“This investment has no financial covenants or sourcing, management or governance conditions of any kind, and represents a strong vote of confidence in our business.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden posted a 30% gain in fourth quarter net profit, driven by a double-digit revenue increase. ...
Shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has narrowed its third-quarter loss thanks to higher sales at its 236 stores....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry