US: Bakers secures US$5m Madden investment
The company, which retails footwear to young women, said it would use the net proceeds of the deal – about $4.6m – for working capital purposes.
In return, Steve Madden gains more than 1.8m shares of common stock, equivalent to a 19.99% equity interest in Bakers.
However, the company has agreed to vote its shares in the same manner as Peter Edison, Bakers CEO.
“We are pleased to expand our 20-year partnership with Steve Madden, one of our largest suppliers, to include a financial investment,” said Edison.
“This investment has no financial covenants or sourcing, management or governance conditions of any kind, and represents a strong vote of confidence in our business.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden posted a 30% gain in fourth quarter net profit, driven by a double-digit revenue increase. ...
Shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has narrowed its third-quarter loss thanks to higher sales at its 236 stores....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015