US: Bakers secures US$5m Madden investment
The company, which retails footwear to young women, said it would use the net proceeds of the deal – about $4.6m – for working capital purposes.
In return, Steve Madden gains more than 1.8m shares of common stock, equivalent to a 19.99% equity interest in Bakers.
However, the company has agreed to vote its shares in the same manner as Peter Edison, Bakers CEO.
“We are pleased to expand our 20-year partnership with Steve Madden, one of our largest suppliers, to include a financial investment,” said Edison.
“This investment has no financial covenants or sourcing, management or governance conditions of any kind, and represents a strong vote of confidence in our business.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Footwear and accessories business Steve Madden posted a 30% gain in fourth quarter net profit, driven by a double-digit revenue increase. ...
Shoe retailer Bakers Footwear Group has narrowed its third-quarter loss thanks to higher sales at its 236 stores....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis