US: Bakers sells Wild Pair to Steve Madden
The deal includes an agreement for Steve Madden to license the brand to Bakers on a non-exclusive, non-transferable and royalty-free basis in perpetuity, allowing the retailer to continue to offer Wild Pair products in its stores.
Bakers said it expected the net proceeds from the transaction to be about $3.3-3.9m.
“We are pleased to continue the growth of the Wild Pair brand with this transaction,” said Peter Edison, Bakers chairman and CEO.
“We believe Steve Madden is the best possible company to take advantage of the significant opportunity that exists to broaden the appeal and reach of the Wild Pair label.”
Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld said the company was pleased with the deal, adding: “We look forward to broadening the distribution and reach of the brand, while maintaining the brand DNA that has made Wild Pair successful for almost 40 years.”
The acquisition comes nearly 18 months after Steve Madden made a $5m equity investment in Bakers, in return for a near-20% stake in the business.
US retailer Bakers Footwear has managed to narrow its first-quarter net losses despite recording sales declines over the period....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
Bakers Footwear Group returned to profitability during its fourth-quarter, despite booking a wider full-year loss. ...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Mothercare pursues "aggressive" plan of recovery
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal