US: Bakers sells Wild Pair to Steve Madden
The deal includes an agreement for Steve Madden to license the brand to Bakers on a non-exclusive, non-transferable and royalty-free basis in perpetuity, allowing the retailer to continue to offer Wild Pair products in its stores.
Bakers said it expected the net proceeds from the transaction to be about $3.3-3.9m.
“We are pleased to continue the growth of the Wild Pair brand with this transaction,” said Peter Edison, Bakers chairman and CEO.
“We believe Steve Madden is the best possible company to take advantage of the significant opportunity that exists to broaden the appeal and reach of the Wild Pair label.”
Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld said the company was pleased with the deal, adding: “We look forward to broadening the distribution and reach of the brand, while maintaining the brand DNA that has made Wild Pair successful for almost 40 years.”
The acquisition comes nearly 18 months after Steve Madden made a $5m equity investment in Bakers, in return for a near-20% stake in the business.
US retailer Bakers Footwear has managed to narrow its first-quarter net losses despite recording sales declines over the period....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
Bakers Footwear Group returned to profitability during its fourth-quarter, despite booking a wider full-year loss. ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report