US: Bakers sells Wild Pair to Steve Madden
The deal includes an agreement for Steve Madden to license the brand to Bakers on a non-exclusive, non-transferable and royalty-free basis in perpetuity, allowing the retailer to continue to offer Wild Pair products in its stores.
Bakers said it expected the net proceeds from the transaction to be about $3.3-3.9m.
“We are pleased to continue the growth of the Wild Pair brand with this transaction,” said Peter Edison, Bakers chairman and CEO.
“We believe Steve Madden is the best possible company to take advantage of the significant opportunity that exists to broaden the appeal and reach of the Wild Pair label.”
Steve Madden chairman and CEO Edward Rosenfeld said the company was pleased with the deal, adding: “We look forward to broadening the distribution and reach of the brand, while maintaining the brand DNA that has made Wild Pair successful for almost 40 years.”
The acquisition comes nearly 18 months after Steve Madden made a $5m equity investment in Bakers, in return for a near-20% stake in the business.
US retailer Bakers Footwear has managed to narrow its first-quarter net losses despite recording sales declines over the period....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
Footwear and accessories maker Steve Madden has today (3 May) posted a 22.5% increase in first-quarter net income, on the back of increased wholesale footwear and accessories sales....
Bakers Footwear Group returned to profitability during its fourth-quarter, despite booking a wider full-year loss. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead