US: Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
Webb, who will join the group on 28 April, will be responsible for guiding the brand's overall creative direction, and leading global product design for Banana Republic women's, men's, and accessories.
Webb's first collection for Banana Republic is expected to launch in summer 2015.
Prior to launching her own contemporary label M Webb in 2011, Webb held various design roles at J Crew Group, including head of women's wear and accessories design. She has also worked at clothing brands Polo and Club Monaco.
Gap Inc. Announces Marissa Webb as Creative Director and Executive Vice President of Design for Banana Republic
Esteemed fashion designer brings fresh perspective to the brand’s legacy of Modern American Style
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) today announced that Banana Republic has named Marissa Webb as Creative Director and Executive Vice President of Design, effective April 28. She will be responsible for guiding the brand’s overall creative direction, as well as leading global product design for Banana Republic Women’s, Men’s, and Accessories. Marissa will report to Global President of Banana Republic, Jack Calhoun.
“The brand has such a beautiful history which I truly admire. This is an amazing opportunity for me to combine my unique vision with a brand that has such a strong legacy. I'm excited to be joining Banana Republic and being able to make an impact for our modern customer.”
“I am so excited for Marissa to bring her own special touch to the brand,” said Calhoun. “What she delivers today is so fresh and relevant, I know her design sensibility will move Banana Republic forward in our effort to deliver Modern American style. I can’t wait to have her on board.”
A celebrated fashion designer, Marissa Webb is most recently known for her eponymous upper contemporary label. Prior to branching out on her own during 2011, she spent time at Polo, Club Monaco and over a decade at J. Crew Group Inc., where she served in various design roles, including Head of Womenswear and Accessories Design. Webb will retain her role as President and Creative Director at Marissa Webb (M Webb LLC), in addition to her newly appointed role at Banana Republic. Webb’s first collection for Banana Republic is expected in the summer of 2015.
“I'm thrilled to be joining the extremely passionate, talented design and creative teams at Banana Republic,” said Webb. “The brand has such a beautiful history which I truly admire. This is an amazing opportunity for me to combine my unique vision with a brand that has such a strong legacy. I'm excited to be joining Banana Republic and being able to make an impact for our modern customer.”
Gap Inc. also announced that it intends to join M Webb LLC’s minority investors by investing in the Marissa Webb label. Initially launched exclusively at Barneys New York, the Marissa Webb Collection is now available in over 30 stores globally, inclusive of select locations within Gap’s Intermix division, as well as online. Calhoun will work with Webb as a strategic partner in the growth and development of her business.
Original source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140415005549/en#.U05W_VVdWSp
US fashion retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed former Ann Taylor president Brian Lynch as president and CEO of its tween brand Justice....
Hong Kong based sourcing specialist William E Connor & Associates has been named as one of world's most ethical companies for the fourth year in a row....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis