Bangladesh to set out “roadmap” to boost apparel exports
The event, Bangladesh RMG 2021, will take place in the capital city Dhaka in December
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold an event later this year aimed at preparing a roadmap to fetch US$50bn in apparel exports by 2021.
The event, Bangladesh RMG 2021, will take place in the capital city Dhaka for three days from 7-9 December, according to local reports. It will bring together a mix of garment manufacturers and exporters, global brands, investors, experts and policymakers.
"The major objective of organising this event is to develop an effective roadmap to help increase earnings from RMG export to $50bn by 2021 when the country will be celebrating its golden jubilee of independence," BGMEA said in a statement to the Bangladesh Daily Observer.
It is expected to address the environment and safety of the garment industry and its employees and workers, as well as the issues related to local apparel producers gaining greater access to the global market, which will be highlighted in three programmes over the three days.
Bangladesh's apparel sector earned US$25.5bn from exports of US$in 2014, and last December set out the ambitious goal to double its exports to $50bn over the next seven years. just-style attended the inaugural Dhaka Apparel Summit where executives discussed some of the massive challenges that the country has to overcome if it is to reach its goal. Click on the following link to read more: Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020