USA: Bankruptcy Court Extends Warnaco Filing Plan
The Manhattan Bankruptcy Court yesterday extended until February 6 the deadline for the debt-ridden group to review all its assets and file a plan of reorganisation
The firm previously said in court papers that it had identified four "assets" it would like to sell and had confirmed that intimate apparel maker Lejaby, a European firm not included in the bankruptcy, was on the block.
Penhaligon's, a British retailer of soaps and toiletries snapped up in 1999, is also up for sale, according to sources familiar with the reorganisation effort, while one source said that two former executives of Warnaco's Warner unit are seeking financing to acquire the Warner's operation, also part of Warnaco's stable of intimate apparel brands.
As for the coveted Calvin Klein Jeans Wear and Chaps by Ralph Lauren licenses, several analysts say they expect Polo Ralph Lauren to get back its license and take the operation in-house.
Meanwhile, a source close to Calvin Klein claims it is considering forming a joint venture with a third party to structure the deal so that it would own the license without having to be saddled with production problems and inventory issues.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation says it enjoyed a fourfold growth in first-quarter profit due to good demand for spring and summer collections....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Calvin Klein is set to close its Barcelona, Spain, shop next month as the US fashion brand continues to perform unsatisfactorily in Spain, just-style has learned....
Family-focused retailer Kohl's Corporation has revealed plans to launch Polo Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand for women and boys in all stores and on Kohls.com....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Bangladesh workers call for union registration
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective