UK: Barbour Reveals Global Retail Drive
Leading waxed jacket maker Barbour on Monday unveiled ambitious expansion plans which will see it open a store in every major city around the world, including New York and Milan. The firm, which is based near Newcastle, currently operates five stores in the UK and five in France, Poland and Italy, and enjoyed sales of £40 million last year but wants to grow that figure by 15 per cent a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again