USA: Bare Necessities Speeds Development With TrueSpectra
The new software enables developers to upload the largest required image to their server, then dynamically render any size variation. The elimination of static derivative images reduced the development time required to launch new products to the site as well as provided the needed flexibility for site redesigns and modifications requiring different image sizes.
"We selected TrueSpectra based on the value of image resizing, but quickly realised there was tremendous additional value-add," said Bill Richardson, president, Bare Necessities.
"We now use the server to highlight images with dynamically rendered borders, demonstrate product details using zoom and pan functionality, and have begun to use the colourisation feature so customers can view products in the colour they are interested in purchasing."
Bare Necessities enables shoppers to interactively magnify and inspect fine product details without a plug-in using TrueSpectra's zoom and pan functionality. Likewise, from the same source image, TrueSpectra's colourisation functionality enables Bare Necessities to show all available colour variations directly on the image. Both zoom and colorization help empower shoppers with increased purchasing confidence.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective