USA: Barneys New York Q2 Up 1.1 Per Cent
Luxury retailer Barneys New York Inc saw net sales for the second quarter 2001 increase 1.1 per cent to $85.1m from $84.3m in the corresponding period last year. Comparable store sales declined 0.9 per cent. Earnings before interest and tax declined $0.2m to $3.5m in the period from $3.7m a year ago. Net loss for the quarter was $3.9m, or 28 cents per share, compared to a net loss of $3.6m, or 26 cents per share, in the corresponding period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again