US: Barneys plans two new CO-OP openings
Jones Apparel subsidiary Barneys New York plans to open Barneys New York CO-OP stores at Somerset Collection in Troy, Michigan and The Westchester in White Plains, New York this autumn.
Both of the new CO-OP locations range between 6,000 and 6,500 square feet and will be Barneys' eleventh and twelfth freestanding CO-OP stores to date.
Barneys chairman and CEO said: "The latest additions to the expansion of our CO-OP concept will be located in two of the premium shopping centres in the country. In the case of Somerset Collection, we will have the opportunity to bring Barneys New York CO-OP to a new market which believe will be a great fit for the concept.
"Our location at The Westchester will enable us to grow our business in a suburb of our New York base. We are continuing to explore additional opportunities for the national expansion of the CO-OP concept."
Barneys' CO-OP stores are aimed at a younger, trendy market while its traditional flagship stores target more refined, upscale shoppers.
Apparel retailers saw a general pick-up in September sales, helped by falling petrol prices, cool weather, back-to-school demand - and a hefty dose of early autumn promotions. But what about the lure ...
Retail consolidation in the US has been squeezing the apparel industry for several years, but after a succession of disastrous financial results wholesalers appear to be adapting to the new environmen...
Apparel marketer Kellwood Company announced it has completed the purchase of the assets of CRL Group, owner of the Vince brand and trademark....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has agreed to buy the assets of CRL Group, which owns the Vince women's sportswear brand and trademark....
Shoe and accessories marketer Steven Madden has announced a licensing deal with Tracy Reese granting it the exclusive right to make and distribute handbags, belts and related accessories under the Tra...
Jones Apparel Group has appointed Anliza Mak as president of Jones International, effective 27 October....
Jones Apparel's CEO is shrugging off suggestions he will quit after failing to find a buyer for the business and is instead concentrating on plans to remodel the group....
The Jones Apparel Group subsidiary Barneys New York has announced the opening of a Barneys New York flagship store at 48 Stockton Street in the Union Square section of San Francisco....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack