US: Barneys thought to be on CEO search
US media reports indicate New York fashion retailer Barneys is to start looking again for a CEO.
The operator was subject to recent rumours it would receive a cash injection of US$50m in exchange for a controlling stake from supermarket operator Ron Burkle's investment company Yucaipa Cos.
The rumours speculated that Barneys, which is owned by Istithmar World Capital in Dubai, was potentially being examined with a proposal from Burkle.
However, US reports note that after healthy spring business, Barneys may be on the look-out for a new CEO, although they speculate Istithmar has not yet hired a recruitment specialist for the job.
Istithmar was not available to comment this morning (16 April).
Luxury retailer Barneys New York has announced the appointment of Mark Lee to the company as CEO, effective 1 September. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020