CHINA: BASF Makes Competitive Move Closer To Customers
In a strategic move to be closer to its key markets in the region, BASF has opened a Leather Technical Services in Shanghai.The new leather laboratory will allow BASF to be highly responsive in addressing these requirements by delivering customised solutions and technical support more promptly. The new service centre is equipped with a laboratory and pilot plant. It will be run by experienced international leather technicians and is housed at BASF Colorants and Chemicals Co Ltd, where BASF is also producing a wide range of auxiliaries for the leather industry. BASF hopes the new centre will give it the edge over its rivals in the highly competitive Asian market. Operating a regional leather technical service centre close to the key markets in the region will shorten response time and further support the growth targets of BASF as lead supplier of leather chemicals in Asia, the company claims.The market for leather chemicals in Asia is expected to have the biggest growth rates worldwide, with China and Taiwan showing the highest potential. To better serve customers across the strait, BASF has formed a Greater China team to handle its leather chemicals business in this fast growing sub-region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective