CHINA: BASF Makes Competitive Move Closer To Customers
In a strategic move to be closer to its key markets in the region, BASF has opened a Leather Technical Services in Shanghai.The new leather laboratory will allow BASF to be highly responsive in addressing these requirements by delivering customised solutions and technical support more promptly. The new service centre is equipped with a laboratory and pilot plant. It will be run by experienced international leather technicians and is housed at BASF Colorants and Chemicals Co Ltd, where BASF is also producing a wide range of auxiliaries for the leather industry. BASF hopes the new centre will give it the edge over its rivals in the highly competitive Asian market. Operating a regional leather technical service centre close to the key markets in the region will shorten response time and further support the growth targets of BASF as lead supplier of leather chemicals in Asia, the company claims.The market for leather chemicals in Asia is expected to have the biggest growth rates worldwide, with China and Taiwan showing the highest potential. To better serve customers across the strait, BASF has formed a Greater China team to handle its leather chemicals business in this fast growing sub-region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020