CHINA: BASF Makes Competitive Move Closer To Customers
In a strategic move to be closer to its key markets in the region, BASF has opened a Leather Technical Services in Shanghai.The new leather laboratory will allow BASF to be highly responsive in addressing these requirements by delivering customised solutions and technical support more promptly. The new service centre is equipped with a laboratory and pilot plant. It will be run by experienced international leather technicians and is housed at BASF Colorants and Chemicals Co Ltd, where BASF is also producing a wide range of auxiliaries for the leather industry. BASF hopes the new centre will give it the edge over its rivals in the highly competitive Asian market. Operating a regional leather technical service centre close to the key markets in the region will shorten response time and further support the growth targets of BASF as lead supplier of leather chemicals in Asia, the company claims.The market for leather chemicals in Asia is expected to have the biggest growth rates worldwide, with China and Taiwan showing the highest potential. To better serve customers across the strait, BASF has formed a Greater China team to handle its leather chemicals business in this fast growing sub-region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack