ITALY: Basicnet buys 50% of skiwear brand Anzi&Besson
Sportswear company Basicnet has acquired a 50% stake in Anzi&Besson in a deal designed to relaunch and promote the historic skiwear brand.
Basicnet said the brand would be "wholly integrated" into the group's activities following the agreement signed with Giuliano Besson.
Basicnet chairman Marco Boglione said the deal reflected the company's value-creating strategy, adding that Anzi&Besson had "lost its shine and competitive edge".
"I have known Giuliano Besson for many years and I am sure he will find an excellent agreement with the world of Basic," Boglione added.
Besson said he was "happy and honoured" by the deal, which sees Basicnet become the exclusive worldwide licence-holder of the brand name.
"[This agreement] constitutes the best conditions for the commercial relaunch of the Anzi&Besson brand," he added.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar