INDIA: Bata India Q1 Loss Widens 123%
The company, India's largest shoe manufacturer, attributed the loss to higher input costs and advertisement spending during the quarter.
This translated to a 12 per cent year-on-year jump in expenses to INR1.54 billion for the quarter.
Despite the downturn, first quarter sales grew six per cent to INR1.62bn, up from INR1.53bn in the corresponding period last year.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020