SWITZERLAND: Bata names Jack Clemons as next CEO
Bata Shoe Organization (BSO), one of the world's largest manufacturers and retailers of footwear, has named Jack Clemons as its new chief executive.
Clemons, who joined the company in 2006 and has served as president of Bata Brands and group chief financial officer, takes up his new post in January. He is replacing Rino Rizzo who is retiring.
He is already credited with clarifying the business model and introducing processes that have helped improve performance.
"With the company in a sound position we decided to prepare for the next major push forward and Jack Clemons is the person who will lead the group forward," Bata said in a statement.
Clemons is based at the Bata office in Lausanne, Switzerland. Bata has more than 30,000 employees and 5,000 international retail stores.
Indian footwear retailer and manufacturer Bata has booked a 6.8% increase in first-quarter profit, helped by new store openings and improved merchandise....
Footwear business Bata India posted strong double-digit increases in full-year net profit and sales in 2012, boosted by the company's continued retail and wholesale expansion....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report