UK: Baugur Eyeing £150m Bid For Oasis - FT
Icelandic retail giant Baugur, which last year failed in a bid to buy UK fashion group Arcadia, was on Thursday reported to be in talks to buy high street clothing retailer Oasis Stores. The Financial Times reported a deal for the operator of more than 160 shops and concessions is likely to value the chain at more than £150 million, and could be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"