UK: Baugur To Make Hostile Bid For Arcadia - Paper
Icelandic retail giant Baugur is set to launch a hostile cash bid for former takeover target Arcadia, it was reported on Thursday.
The Daily Mail said its sources suggested that Baugur, which has a 20 per cent stake in Arcadia - owner of the Top Shop and Dorothy Perkins retail chains - was poised to launch a hostile bid after Arcadia called off takeover talks last month.
Companies: Arcadia Group
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Finding attractive clothing in larger sizes is still problematic for consumers a new market report has found. But with the UK market for plus-size fashion expected to grow by 6 per cent during 2005 ca...
Chief executive of retail investment group Baugur, Jon Asgeir Johannesson, has been cleared of the eight remaining charges of business improprieties against him....
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
Struggling fashion chain French connection is at the centre of takeover speculation after Icelandic investor Baugur upped its stake in the business....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack