BCI newest member of Bremen Cotton Exchange
BCI has become the newest member of Bremen Cotton Exchange ©Better Cotton Initiative
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) has become a member of the Bremen Cotton Exchange, as part of ongoing efforts to provide more information and transparency in the cotton industry.
The Bremen Cotton Exchange works to "maintain and to promote the interests of all those connected with the cotton trade and with the first stage of processing cotton". It provides regular information to members and the public with reports on global trends in cotton, including price trends, regional availability, and information on procurement markets.
BCI CEO Patrick Laine said of its membership to the Exchange: "BCI looks forward to a close collaboration as we strive to continuously improve the sustainability and quality of the cotton produced by over 1.2m farmers who currently participate in our programme. We are delighted to join the membership of this renowned organisation."
President of the Bremen Cotton Exchange, Ernst Grimmelt, added: "Just like the Bremen Cotton Exchange, the Better Cotton Initiative has a worldwide network. Both organisations have far-reaching expertise in the market, the processes and methods of cotton growing. In this respect, we look forward to intensive expert dialogue with the BCI team."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020