US: Beauchamp named president of Ann Taylor Stores
Women's retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corporation has announced the appointment of Christine M Beauchamp to president of Ann Taylor Stores, effective immediately.
Beauchamp, who has been a strategic consultant to the company since earlier this year, succeeds Adrienne Lazarus who is leaving the company. She will report to Kay Krill, president and CEO of the company.
Krill said: "This transition of leadership at our heritage brand is taking place at an exciting time of evolution for Ann Taylor. I am delighted that Christine, a seasoned retail executive and valued partner to me over the last several months, will be assuming the leadership of our Ann Taylor Stores division.
"She has a deep understanding of our brand and customer base and will move seamlessly into this critical role. At the same time, I want to thank Adrienne for the many contributions she has made to the Company over the past 17 years."
Beauchamp was previously with Limited Brands, most recently as president and CEO of Victoria's Secret Beauty and prior to Limited Brands was a consultant with The Boston Consulting Group, specialising in consumer goods and retail. She began her career as a financial analyst at Goldman Sachs.
Faced with slowing sales in Western markets, lingerie firms are increasingly focusing on emerging markets like Russia and Asia for growth. According to new research, both China and India are likely to...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
French department store chain Galeries Lafayette has signed a partnership agreement with Aksal which gives the Moroccan retail group exclusive operating rights to its brand in Morocco....
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Women's wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corporation has swung to a third quarter loss after a "dramatic deterioration" in consumer spending and warned of a weak holiday season....
Charming Shoppes has appointed Kady Dalrymple as senior vice president of design and product development for the company's Fashion Bug brand....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020