USA: Bebe Profit Hit By Costs Of Trademark Battle
Women's clothing retailer Bebe Stores Inc on Thursday reported a fall in second quarter net income to $10.8 million from $12.3m in the year-ago period due to the costs of a successful trademark battle. The California-based operator of 178 stores said net sales edged up 2.1 per cent to $100.8m from $98.7m in 2001 but added same-store sales for the quarter fell 8.1 per cent. It attributed the rise in total sales to the opening of 18 new stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth