USA: bebe stores, inc. Announces May 2000 Sales
bebe stores, inc. (Nasdaq:BEBE) today reported retail sales of $17.7 million for the month ended May 31, 2000, a decrease of 10.2% over sales of $19.7 million for the month ended May 31, 1999. Same store sales for May decreased 20.0% over the comparable period of fiscal 1999. Prior years' same store sales increases were 17.9% for May 1999 and 36.3% for May 1998. Retail sales for the eleven months ended May 31, 2000 were $223.9 million compared to $184.1 million for the corresponding period last year, an increase of 21.6%. Comparable store sales for the eleven months ended May 31, 2000 increased 1.8% compared to the corresponding period of the prior year. bebe stores, inc. provides additional information about May sales on a recorded message. Interested parties are invited to listen to the message by calling 415-657-1010. bebe designs, develops and produces a distinctive line of contemporary women's apparel and accessories, which it markets under the bebe, bbsp and bebe moda brand names. bebe currently operates 119 stores in the United States, the U.K. and Canada and an online store at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022