USA: bebe stores, inc. Announces May 2000 Sales
bebe stores, inc. (Nasdaq:BEBE) today reported retail sales of $17.7 million for the month ended May 31, 2000, a decrease of 10.2% over sales of $19.7 million for the month ended May 31, 1999. Same store sales for May decreased 20.0% over the comparable period of fiscal 1999. Prior years' same store sales increases were 17.9% for May 1999 and 36.3% for May 1998. Retail sales for the eleven months ended May 31, 2000 were $223.9 million compared to $184.1 million for the corresponding period last year, an increase of 21.6%. Comparable store sales for the eleven months ended May 31, 2000 increased 1.8% compared to the corresponding period of the prior year. bebe stores, inc. provides additional information about May sales on a recorded message. Interested parties are invited to listen to the message by calling 415-657-1010. bebe designs, develops and produces a distinctive line of contemporary women's apparel and accessories, which it markets under the bebe, bbsp and bebe moda brand names. bebe currently operates 119 stores in the United States, the U.K. and Canada and an online store at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020