Bebe Stores launches athleisure footwear at Macy's
Athleisure is a growing trend in the US
With demand for athleisure products growing, US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has launched an athleisure footwear line at US department store Macy's.
The collection, which was designed with licensing partner ZiGi New York, is available under the Bebe Sport label in Macy's stores across the US and online.
It features Bebe’s 'Flash' and 'Sport' shoes, designed for women with busy lifestyles. The line includes four shoe styles and seven SKU’s, ranging from US$69-89. Macy’s will expand the collection to five additional styles in nine SKU’s in October, and again in January for spring 2016.
Athleisure is a popular category, with Kohl's just last week teaming up with actress and fitness enthusiast, Shay Mitchell, to introduce an athleisure apparel collection for teenage girls. The Fit to Wander line features sports bras, graphic tees, fashion tanks and leggings.
In addition, figures from global information company The NPD Group show sales of athletic footwear and apparel in the US grew during the first quarter, thanks to cold weather, an earlier Easter and the continued strength of the athleisure trend. Dollar sales were up 8% for sneakers and 9% for activewear.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight into developments relating to the home textiles industry....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight into developments relating to the global apparel industry....
The outlook for the US retail industry has been lowered to stable from positive, in part due to weakness in apparel and footwear - even though a modest improvement in overall sales and operating incom...
US retail analysts have been weighing up the implications of last week's vote by the UK to exit the European Union (EU) on a sector already battered by slow sales....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020