US: Bebe Stores names Birkhold as CEO
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has named Steve Birkhold as CEO, effective immediately.
He will succeed founder chairman and current CEO Manny Mashouf, who will become non-executive chairman.
Birkhold joins the company from Lacoste North America, where he was president and CEO.
"I am extremely pleased about the exciting new phase that bebe is entering with the appointment of Steve Birkhold as CEO," said Mashouf.
"Steve is an accomplished industry leader who has grown iconic brands, guided businesses in new strategic directions, and built strong management teams. Most importantly, he shares our passion for the bebe brand. We are eager to continue our journey toward becoming a global, omni-channel company. Steve will help us develop and execute strategies to reach that goal by growing our brand, expanding our distribution channels, and evolving our customer experience."
Prior to Lacoste, Birkhold was CEO of Diesel USA, and has held several executive positions at VF Corp.
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has seen its third-quarter losses widen due to a one-off cost, restructuring expenses, and lower sales. ...
Childrenswear continues to gain ground against all the other categories within apparel. Even though sportswear is dramatically increasing its importance, sustained by the casual clothing fashion trend...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has promoted Liyuan Woo to the role of chief financial officer as part of efforts to streamline its organisational structure....
The return of fashionable hats and caps, including in shocking colours, both amongst men and women, had a healthy impact on the category....
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has appointed Michelle Landgrebe as executive vice president and general merchandising manager of its 2b outlet division....
Footwear can be considered as one of the most relevant and strategic industries in Argentina. Due to the continuing process of import substitution for the development of the local industry, the govern...
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
Tights are no longer just a garment to fight against low temperatures. They are now increasingly chosen as a relevant item to complement a women’s outfit. Women look to wear creative and sexy tights e...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change