US: Bebe Stores names Birkhold as CEO
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has named Steve Birkhold as CEO, effective immediately.
He will succeed founder chairman and current CEO Manny Mashouf, who will become non-executive chairman.
Birkhold joins the company from Lacoste North America, where he was president and CEO.
"I am extremely pleased about the exciting new phase that bebe is entering with the appointment of Steve Birkhold as CEO," said Mashouf.
"Steve is an accomplished industry leader who has grown iconic brands, guided businesses in new strategic directions, and built strong management teams. Most importantly, he shares our passion for the bebe brand. We are eager to continue our journey toward becoming a global, omni-channel company. Steve will help us develop and execute strategies to reach that goal by growing our brand, expanding our distribution channels, and evolving our customer experience."
Prior to Lacoste, Birkhold was CEO of Diesel USA, and has held several executive positions at VF Corp.
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has seen its third-quarter losses widen due to a one-off cost, restructuring expenses, and lower sales. ...
The return of fashionable hats and caps, including in shocking colours, both amongst men and women, had a healthy impact on the category....
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has promoted Liyuan Woo to the role of chief financial officer as part of efforts to streamline its organisational structure....
Tights are no longer just a garment to fight against low temperatures. They are now increasingly chosen as a relevant item to complement a women’s outfit. Women look to wear creative and sexy tights e...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has appointed Michelle Landgrebe as executive vice president and general merchandising manager of its 2b outlet division....
Argentinean men are increasingly taking care of their looks, paying more attention to what they wear, and to the occasion. Thus, men’s outerwear companies are focusing on improving their performance t...
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
Women’s current underwear fashion trend merges sexy, attractive and retro styles in an attempt to bring back the unique styles of days of yore by wearing refined and delicate materials such as lace an...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report