USA: bebe stores Reports On "Challenging" Fourth Quarter
bebe stores, inc (Nasdaq:BEBE) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended June 30, 2000. "The June quarter was very challenging for us," said Manny Mashouf, president and chief executive officer. "We did not address some of our customer's apparel needs as well as we have over the past few years. We are, however, focused on our customer's needs again and are looking forward to an exciting fall season." Net sales for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 were $54.1m, compared to $54.2m reported for the fourth quarter a year ago. Same store sales for the quarter decreased by 15.2 per cent compared to a same store sales increase of 18.9 per cent in the fourth quarter of fiscal 1999. Net earnings for the fourth quarter were $4.0m, compared to $7.7m in the same period a year ago. Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share were $0.16 versus $0.30 in the same period a year ago. Net sales for the year ended June 30, 2000 were $241.8m, up 20.1 per cent from $201.3m reported in fiscal 1999. Net earnings for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000 were $29.4m, up 5.0 per cent from $28.0m in fiscal 1999. Diluted earnings per share for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000 were $1.17 compared to $1.11 in fiscal 1999. bebe designs, develops and produces a distinctive line of contemporary women's apparel and accessories, which it markets under the bebe, bbsp and bebe moda brand names. bebe currently operates 124 stores in the United States, the U.K., Canada and an online store at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack