GERMANY: Becker named as new Reebok CEO
Uli Becker is to step up from the post of chief marketing officer to take over as Reebok president and CEO, parent company Adidas has announced.
Becker, who began his Adidas career in 1990 and who has been chief marketing officer at Reebok since 2006, replaces Paul Harrington from 1 April.
Harrington, who has spent more than 12 years at Reebok, including more than two years as president and CEO, is relocating to California "to pursue new career and business opportunities there", said Adidas, which today posted FY profits up 14% after a buoyant Q4.
Herbert Hainer, chairman and CEO of the Adidas executive board, wished Harrington all the best for the future.
"He played an instrumental role in managing the integration of Reebok into our group and laid the foundations for the repositioning of the Reebok brand worldwide," said Hainer.
He added that Uli Becker is now tasked with taking "the revitalisation of the Reebok brand to the next level, both internationally and in the US."
In today's full-year financial report, Adidas reported that sales at Reebok fell 6% to EUR2.333bn during 2007.
However, the company was able to boost Q4 net income by 63% thanks to improved cost synergies between the Adidas and Reebok brands.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
As the start of this summer's Beijing Olympics attracts around four billion onlookers from over 200 countries, leading brands are tussling for the inside lane and marketing gold. Joe Ayling reports on...
Sporting goods giant Reebok is poised to launch its Reebok Classics range in India, opening up to 75 separate retail stores by next March, according to local press reports....
Three South Korean companies are planning to spend US$200m on the construction of three footwear plants in Indonesia, including one to supply shoes for Adidas....
Apparel manufacturer Matrix Clothing Pvt Ltd has been recognised as one of the best small and medium-sized companies in India at an award ceremony held recently in London....
Chinese sportswear brand Li Ning saw its share price bolstered by a star appearance from its founder during the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing....
Sportswear brand Reebok is teaming up with toy maker Hasbro to launch a new footwear collection inspired by the board game Monopoly....
A strike held at Vietnamese footwear plant Shyang Hung Cheng company has ended after five days....
Sports goods maker Adidas, an official sportswear partner of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, today (7 August) said it is on track to achieve sales of more than EUR1bn (US$1.5bn) in China by 2010 - and...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective