CHINA: Belle International books third-quarter sales rise
Footwear firm Belle International Holdings has seen its third-quarter same store sales increase 2.8%.
Meanwhile, sales at the company's sportswear business rose 3.6% on a same-store basis during the quarter.
The footwear company, which distributes brands including Nike, Adidas, Kappa, Puma, Converse and Mizuno, opened 711 additional retail stores in mainland China during the quarter, taking the total number of stores to 16,675.
The group's share price was down 4.26% to HK13.50 at the close of trading today (15 October).
In August, Belle posted a 10.7% rise in first-half net income to ENY2.2bn, despite seeing a decline in consumer confidence.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The Guatemalan government has agreed to enforce its labour laws - finally resolving a complaint filed in 2008 by the US government under the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR...
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
The development and availability of an innovative waterless dyeing system is set to accelerate with the decision by Ikea GreenTech to join Nike as an investor in the company behind the new technology....
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
Sportswear brand Under Armour is being sued by footwear brand Gravity Defyer over Under Armour's use of the G Defy name on its footwear. ...
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020