CHINA: Belle International books third-quarter sales rise
Footwear firm Belle International Holdings has seen its third-quarter same store sales increase 2.8%.
Meanwhile, sales at the company's sportswear business rose 3.6% on a same-store basis during the quarter.
The footwear company, which distributes brands including Nike, Adidas, Kappa, Puma, Converse and Mizuno, opened 711 additional retail stores in mainland China during the quarter, taking the total number of stores to 16,675.
The group's share price was down 4.26% to HK13.50 at the close of trading today (15 October).
In August, Belle posted a 10.7% rise in first-half net income to ENY2.2bn, despite seeing a decline in consumer confidence.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The Guatemalan government has agreed to enforce its labour laws - finally resolving a complaint filed in 2008 by the US government under the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR...
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
The development and availability of an innovative waterless dyeing system is set to accelerate with the decision by Ikea GreenTech to join Nike as an investor in the company behind the new technology....
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
Sportswear brand Under Armour is being sued by footwear brand Gravity Defyer over Under Armour's use of the G Defy name on its footwear. ...
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020