CHINA: Belle International books third-quarter sales rise
Footwear firm Belle International Holdings has seen its third-quarter same store sales increase 2.8%.
Meanwhile, sales at the company's sportswear business rose 3.6% on a same-store basis during the quarter.
The footwear company, which distributes brands including Nike, Adidas, Kappa, Puma, Converse and Mizuno, opened 711 additional retail stores in mainland China during the quarter, taking the total number of stores to 16,675.
The group's share price was down 4.26% to HK13.50 at the close of trading today (15 October).
In August, Belle posted a 10.7% rise in first-half net income to ENY2.2bn, despite seeing a decline in consumer confidence.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The Guatemalan government has agreed to enforce its labour laws - finally resolving a complaint filed in 2008 by the US government under the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR...
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
The development and availability of an innovative waterless dyeing system is set to accelerate with the decision by Ikea GreenTech to join Nike as an investor in the company behind the new technology....
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
Sportswear brand Under Armour is being sued by footwear brand Gravity Defyer over Under Armour's use of the G Defy name on its footwear. ...
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals