Belle International H1 profit rises 7.6%
- H1 profit up 7.6% to CNY2.08bn
- Revenues rise 10.9% to CNY18.56bn
- Sportswear and apparel leads growth
Belle's net revenues rose 10.9% during the first half
Footwear and apparel business Belle International Holdings recorded a 7.6% rise in first-half net profit thanks to a double-digit rise in revenues in the six months to 31 August.
Footwear revenues were up 6.6% to CNY10.36bn (US$16.94bn), while sportswear and apparel increased 16.8% to CNY8.20bn, the company said.
Belle International said footwear had achieved “continually steady growth of sales”, while the faster growth of the apparel business was down to stronger same store sales growth, most of which was driven by volume growth.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022