CHINA: Belle International shares fall on FY profit warning
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations.
Analysts expect the group's profit to be between CNY4.29bn-CNY4.85bn (US$687.3m-$777m) for the year ended 31 December.
However Belle, which distributes brands including Nike, Adidas, Kappa, Puma and Converse, said it expects full-year net profit to be "marginally higher" than the previous year but "will fall within the lower end" of analysts estimates.
The company's share price fell 16.78% to CNY15.28 at 7:29GMT today. It is expected to release its full-year financial results next month.
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
Nike Sales’ strategic direction involves increasing its efforts to develop new products, and the opening of more retail outlets. The company is also looking forward to partnering more sports goods sto...
A fundamental difference between Cambodia and Bangladesh is that the Cambodian government and industry are held accountable for making the necessary improvements to factory working conditions. And thi...
Nike Inc had no plans to open new outlets or develop internet retailing for Nike products in Thailand at the end of the review period. The company’s 26 Nike stores are focusing on urban customers and ...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
By introducing IT related innovative products along with various new product launches and event sponsorship, Nike Sports Korea will try to sustain its leading position in sports clothing and sports fo...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report