CHINA: Belle International shares fall on FY profit warning
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations.
Analysts expect the group's profit to be between CNY4.29bn-CNY4.85bn (US$687.3m-$777m) for the year ended 31 December.
However Belle, which distributes brands including Nike, Adidas, Kappa, Puma and Converse, said it expects full-year net profit to be "marginally higher" than the previous year but "will fall within the lower end" of analysts estimates.
The company's share price fell 16.78% to CNY15.28 at 7:29GMT today. It is expected to release its full-year financial results next month.
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
A fundamental difference between Cambodia and Bangladesh is that the Cambodian government and industry are held accountable for making the necessary improvements to factory working conditions. And thi...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Approximately 40 workers have fainted at a garment factory in Cambodia, allegedly after inhaling glue fumes. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at PVH setting out its succession plan, Hudson's Bay's acquisition of Saks, and a report on the use of mobile phones to monitor labour abus...
Adidas, Nike and Armani are among the top 20 most powerful international brands in China, according to new research, having worked out how to connect with the new sophisticated, value-driven consumer....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)