Bemis and Drirelease partner on seam solutions
Design and development group Bemis Associates has partnered with fibre solutions provider Drirelease to create apparel products that maintain consistent breathability and moisture management.
The collaboration will see the creation of innovative seam reinforcement tapes that integrate the technology of both brands. DriSeam, Bemis' latest generation of seam reinforcement tape (SRT), is manufactured with drirelease fabric and is the first SRT with inherent performance benefits for the sportswear market, it says.
Drirelease's combination of hydrophilic and hydrophobic fibres add moisture management to a garment, improves eco-friendliness, long-term performance and wicks moisture away from the skin 17 times more effectively than the standard SRT.
Bemis' Flowfree adhesive promotes airflow through specifically engineered perforations to create breathability and permit moisture to pass to the drirelease fabric. This is then able to wick the moisture away from the skin.
"For athletes, this partnership means apparel that contributes to performance, rather than distracts," said Bill Fabiszewski, global marketing manager at Bemis. "Similar to Bemis, Drirelease is willing to challenge conventional garment construction and push the boundaries on what is currently possible in the industry. Their fibres add benefits that can't necessarily be seen, but can definitely be measured, and we look forward to working closely with them on future projects."
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report