ITALY: Benetton chairman to step down, son to take over
Alessandro Benetton will become chairman of the company
Italian fashion firm Benetton Group has today (23 April) confirmed that chairman Luciano Benetton will step down on Tuesday, handing the role to his son.
A spokeswoman for the company told just-style that Benetton's son Alessandro will become chairman.
In February, the clothing company announced plans to delist from the Italian stock exchange after issuing a full year profit warning. Edizione Srl, the investment firm controlled by the Benetton family, made a EUR276.6m (US$364.4m) bid to buy all the shares it did not own in the firm.
Benetton blamed higher raw material costs and a slowdown in consumer spending in the Mediterranean area for a 28.4% drop in full-year profit last month.
The company said it expects "very limited" growth in its main markets in southern Europe, but forecasts "good sales performance" in emerging and high growth countries.
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead