ITALY: Benetton chairman to step down, son to take over
Alessandro Benetton will become chairman of the company
Italian fashion firm Benetton Group has today (23 April) confirmed that chairman Luciano Benetton will step down on Tuesday, handing the role to his son.
A spokeswoman for the company told just-style that Benetton's son Alessandro will become chairman.
In February, the clothing company announced plans to delist from the Italian stock exchange after issuing a full year profit warning. Edizione Srl, the investment firm controlled by the Benetton family, made a EUR276.6m (US$364.4m) bid to buy all the shares it did not own in the firm.
Benetton blamed higher raw material costs and a slowdown in consumer spending in the Mediterranean area for a 28.4% drop in full-year profit last month.
The company said it expects "very limited" growth in its main markets in southern Europe, but forecasts "good sales performance" in emerging and high growth countries.
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report