ITALY: Benetton chairman to step down, son to take over
Alessandro Benetton will become chairman of the company
Italian fashion firm Benetton Group has today (23 April) confirmed that chairman Luciano Benetton will step down on Tuesday, handing the role to his son.
A spokeswoman for the company told just-style that Benetton's son Alessandro will become chairman.
In February, the clothing company announced plans to delist from the Italian stock exchange after issuing a full year profit warning. Edizione Srl, the investment firm controlled by the Benetton family, made a EUR276.6m (US$364.4m) bid to buy all the shares it did not own in the firm.
Benetton blamed higher raw material costs and a slowdown in consumer spending in the Mediterranean area for a 28.4% drop in full-year profit last month.
The company said it expects "very limited" growth in its main markets in southern Europe, but forecasts "good sales performance" in emerging and high growth countries.
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019