ITALY: Benetton chairman to step down, son to take over
Alessandro Benetton will become chairman of the company
Italian fashion firm Benetton Group has today (23 April) confirmed that chairman Luciano Benetton will step down on Tuesday, handing the role to his son.
A spokeswoman for the company told just-style that Benetton's son Alessandro will become chairman.
In February, the clothing company announced plans to delist from the Italian stock exchange after issuing a full year profit warning. Edizione Srl, the investment firm controlled by the Benetton family, made a EUR276.6m (US$364.4m) bid to buy all the shares it did not own in the firm.
Benetton blamed higher raw material costs and a slowdown in consumer spending in the Mediterranean area for a 28.4% drop in full-year profit last month.
The company said it expects "very limited" growth in its main markets in southern Europe, but forecasts "good sales performance" in emerging and high growth countries.
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)