ITALY: Benetton chief executive & financial director quit
Retailer Benetton announced today (13 November) that both its chief executive and financial director have quit their positions.
The report that chief executive Silvano Cassano and financial director Pier Francesco Facchini have resigned sent Benetton's stock down by more than 7%.
The company said Cassano had "carried out and completed the three-year rationalisation and reorganisation phase set out in his mandate" but would stay on as a member of the board of directors.
It added: "As planned, the new managing director, whose name will be communicated shortly, will have among his objectives the development of foreign markets, with particular attention to growth in Asia and other areas with a rapid demographic growth."
Facchini, meanwhile, left for personal reasons. "His functions have been assigned within the managerial structure," Benetton said.
"The company thanks Messrs Cassano and Facchini for their achievements and extends its very best wishes for their future careers," the firm added.
The departures follow last month's news that chairman Luciano Benetton will hand over the company's reigns to his son Alessandro next year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The National Institute of Fashion Technology is due to begin India's first national body size survey in the next two months. Its timing comes as the country's retail sector is booming and should lead ...
Consumers are increasingly aware of the distance products travel to get to market, and it seems a likely next step that "clothes miles" will become an issue like "food miles." But is sourcing closer t...
Giorgio Presca, most recently general manager of Diesel, has joined VF Corp as president of VF jeanswear international....
The board of the Benetton Group has approved the company's double digit increase in full year profit, and raised its dividend by 8.8% at a shareholders' meeting yesterday (26 April)....
Fashion retailer and manufacturer Benetton Group SpA has posted an 11.6% rise in full year profit, helped by rising sales in Eastern Europe, China and India....
Italian clothing manufacturer and retailer Benetton has named a music industry executive as its new chief executive....
The Benetton Group could fill its chief executive vacancy within the next few days....
Fashion firm Benetton predicts a 20% jump in core profit for 2007 after full-year 2006 sales grew 8.4%....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report