ITALY: Benetton confirms EUR125m FY profit, names board
The board of the Benetton Group has approved the company's double digit increase in full year profit, and raised its dividend by 8.8% at a shareholders' meeting yesterday (26 April).
Net income for the 2006 financial year increased 11.7% to EUR125m (US$170.5m), up from EUR112m in 2005. Consolidated revenues rose 8.3% to EUR1,911m.
The company's full-year period was buoyed by rising sales in Eastern Europe, China and India. A dividend of EUR0.37 per share was declared, up 8.8% compared with 2005.
The shareholders' meeting saw the appointment of board members Luciano Benetton, Alessandro Benetton, Carlo Benetton, Gilberto Benetton, Giuliana Benetton for the next three years.
Luigi Arturo Bianchi, Giorgio Brunetti, Gerolamo Caccia Dominioni Alfredo Malguzzi, Gianni Mion and Robert Singer were all appointed as independent directors for the same period.
The Benetton board also appointed current CFO Emilio Foà as "manager responsible for the preparation of company accounting documents."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In stark contrast to the declining shipments of its key garment categories reported this time last year, Tunisia's textile and clothing industry is now riding high on rising exports, significant new f...
India's US$20bn garment and textile manufacturing industry is currently going through a major upheaval on the strength of the Indian rupee, which has risen by 10% on most exchange markets in the last ...
Benetton Group has joined forces with Trent, a Tata Group company, in a strategic partnership to expand the Sisley fashion brand in India....
Apparel firm Hembly International has posted a 30.4% rise in first half profit to HKD$45.6m (US$5.85m)....
Italian fashion operator Benetton Group has increased its first half net income by 10.2%, from EUR64m (US$88.9m) to EUR70m, and has delisted from the New York Stock Exchange....
South Korea is going through something of a miniskirt boom at the moment, but surprisingly the traditional big buyers of miniskirts have been bumped by 40-something housewives according to one major S...
Benetton Group is looking to form a distribution partnership with Tata Group company Trent for its premium fashion brand Sisley....
Mavi Jeans has reached an agreement with advertiser Oliviero Toscani for its new global marketing campaign....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022