ITALY: Benetton family proceeds with delisting plans
The Benetton family is proceeding with plans to take the Italian clothing company private, with its Edizione Srl investment firm intending to launch a tender offer in March and April.
Edizione already owns a 67.08% stake in Benetton, and announced earlier this month that it will offer EUR4.6 (US$6) per share for a total sum of EUR276.6m. It expects to pay shareholders that take up the offer before the company's annual meeting on 24 April.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years