ITALY: Benetton family proceeds with delisting plans
The Benetton family is proceeding with plans to take the Italian clothing company private, with its Edizione Srl investment firm intending to launch a tender offer in March and April.
Edizione already owns a 67.08% stake in Benetton, and announced earlier this month that it will offer EUR4.6 (US$6) per share for a total sum of EUR276.6m. It expects to pay shareholders that take up the offer before the company's annual meeting on 24 April.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske