ITALY: Benetton family proceeds with delisting plans
The Benetton family is proceeding with plans to take the Italian clothing company private, with its Edizione Srl investment firm intending to launch a tender offer in March and April.
Edizione already owns a 67.08% stake in Benetton, and announced earlier this month that it will offer EUR4.6 (US$6) per share for a total sum of EUR276.6m. It expects to pay shareholders that take up the offer before the company's annual meeting on 24 April.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts