ITALY: Benetton family proceeds with delisting plans
The Benetton family is proceeding with plans to take the Italian clothing company private, with its Edizione Srl investment firm intending to launch a tender offer in March and April.
Edizione already owns a 67.08% stake in Benetton, and announced earlier this month that it will offer EUR4.6 (US$6) per share for a total sum of EUR276.6m. It expects to pay shareholders that take up the offer before the company's annual meeting on 24 April.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Fashion meets function with end-to-end solutions
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- PVH debuts Van Heusen self-fastening shirts