ITALY: Benetton family proceeds with delisting plans
The Benetton family is proceeding with plans to take the Italian clothing company private, with its Edizione Srl investment firm intending to launch a tender offer in March and April.
Edizione already owns a 67.08% stake in Benetton, and announced earlier this month that it will offer EUR4.6 (US$6) per share for a total sum of EUR276.6m. It expects to pay shareholders that take up the offer before the company's annual meeting on 24 April.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015