ITALY: Benetton issues full-year profit warning
Retailer United Colours of Benetton today (1 February) issued a profit warning, saying that it expects full year profit to be down by more than 30% on the previous year.
The company said it now expects full-year net income to reach EUR70m, down from EUR102m last year. It blamed the decline on pressure on margins due to increasing raw material prices. It also said it worked to mitigate the costs and rationalise expenses.
Revenue is seen in-line with last year's at EUR2bn.
Following the announcement, trading in the company's shares was suspended.
There have been reports today that the Benetton family is looking at an offer to delist the company. It is reportedly considering an offer with its investment firm Edizione Srl.
There were also talk that Benetton was in merger talks with Spanish retail giant Inditex.
Benetton has not yet responded to requests for comment.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Inditex has revealed plans to invest EUR150m (US$185m) in a new logistics platform in Guadalajara, Spain....
Clothing retailer Zara Holding's application to set up a joint venture for foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in India has been rejected by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)....
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Retail giant Inditex is to invest EUR100m (US$124.7m) in expanding its headquarters in Artexio, Spain....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot