ITALY: Benetton issues full-year profit warning
Retailer United Colours of Benetton today (1 February) issued a profit warning, saying that it expects full year profit to be down by more than 30% on the previous year.
The company said it now expects full-year net income to reach EUR70m, down from EUR102m last year. It blamed the decline on pressure on margins due to increasing raw material prices. It also said it worked to mitigate the costs and rationalise expenses.
Revenue is seen in-line with last year's at EUR2bn.
Following the announcement, trading in the company's shares was suspended.
There have been reports today that the Benetton family is looking at an offer to delist the company. It is reportedly considering an offer with its investment firm Edizione Srl.
There were also talk that Benetton was in merger talks with Spanish retail giant Inditex.
Benetton has not yet responded to requests for comment.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Inditex has revealed plans to invest EUR150m (US$185m) in a new logistics platform in Guadalajara, Spain....
Clothing retailer Zara Holding's application to set up a joint venture for foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in India has been rejected by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)....
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Retail giant Inditex is to invest EUR100m (US$124.7m) in expanding its headquarters in Artexio, Spain....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry