ITALY: Benetton issues full-year profit warning
Retailer United Colours of Benetton today (1 February) issued a profit warning, saying that it expects full year profit to be down by more than 30% on the previous year.
The company said it now expects full-year net income to reach EUR70m, down from EUR102m last year. It blamed the decline on pressure on margins due to increasing raw material prices. It also said it worked to mitigate the costs and rationalise expenses.
Revenue is seen in-line with last year's at EUR2bn.
Following the announcement, trading in the company's shares was suspended.
There have been reports today that the Benetton family is looking at an offer to delist the company. It is reportedly considering an offer with its investment firm Edizione Srl.
There were also talk that Benetton was in merger talks with Spanish retail giant Inditex.
Benetton has not yet responded to requests for comment.
While cities such as Milan, Paris, New York and London have historically been seen as the global 'fashion hubs' - acting as meeting spots for high-end designers, fashion shows, luxury retail outlets a...
Inditex has revealed plans to invest EUR150m (US$185m) in a new logistics platform in Guadalajara, Spain....
Clothing retailer Zara Holding's application to set up a joint venture for foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in India has been rejected by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)....
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Retail giant Inditex is to invest EUR100m (US$124.7m) in expanding its headquarters in Artexio, Spain....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras