ITALY: Benetton launches children's wear safety project
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products.
Dress Safely, which looks into the presence of potentially dangerous components in children's wear, is part of a stringent control policy covering all the group's products.
The project was developed after the company's children's wear ranges adopted the Eco Safe mark for meeting high chemical and mechanical safety standards. The Eco Safe mark is issued by ICQ group, a consumer goods quality and safety certifying body.
The group's 2012/2013 autumn/winter collections, including United Colors of Benetton, Undercolors of Benetton and Sisley Young children's wear ranges will carry a special Eco Safe label.
The clothes will be monitored throughout the production process by a technical committee of safety experts who will assess the clothes' potential physical/mechanical risks.
The company said over 45,000 chemical and physical/mechanical tests were carried out on numerous products in 2011. The number of test samples and tests commissioned by Benetton's suppliers has increased this year.
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015