ITALY: Benetton launches children's wear safety project
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products.
Dress Safely, which looks into the presence of potentially dangerous components in children's wear, is part of a stringent control policy covering all the group's products.
The project was developed after the company's children's wear ranges adopted the Eco Safe mark for meeting high chemical and mechanical safety standards. The Eco Safe mark is issued by ICQ group, a consumer goods quality and safety certifying body.
The group's 2012/2013 autumn/winter collections, including United Colors of Benetton, Undercolors of Benetton and Sisley Young children's wear ranges will carry a special Eco Safe label.
The clothes will be monitored throughout the production process by a technical committee of safety experts who will assess the clothes' potential physical/mechanical risks.
The company said over 45,000 chemical and physical/mechanical tests were carried out on numerous products in 2011. The number of test samples and tests commissioned by Benetton's suppliers has increased this year.
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019