ITALY: Benetton launches children's wear safety project
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products.
Dress Safely, which looks into the presence of potentially dangerous components in children's wear, is part of a stringent control policy covering all the group's products.
The project was developed after the company's children's wear ranges adopted the Eco Safe mark for meeting high chemical and mechanical safety standards. The Eco Safe mark is issued by ICQ group, a consumer goods quality and safety certifying body.
The group's 2012/2013 autumn/winter collections, including United Colors of Benetton, Undercolors of Benetton and Sisley Young children's wear ranges will carry a special Eco Safe label.
The clothes will be monitored throughout the production process by a technical committee of safety experts who will assess the clothes' potential physical/mechanical risks.
The company said over 45,000 chemical and physical/mechanical tests were carried out on numerous products in 2011. The number of test samples and tests commissioned by Benetton's suppliers has increased this year.
Companies: Benetton Group SpA
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts