ITALY: Benetton launches children's wear safety project
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products.
Dress Safely, which looks into the presence of potentially dangerous components in children's wear, is part of a stringent control policy covering all the group's products.
The project was developed after the company's children's wear ranges adopted the Eco Safe mark for meeting high chemical and mechanical safety standards. The Eco Safe mark is issued by ICQ group, a consumer goods quality and safety certifying body.
The group's 2012/2013 autumn/winter collections, including United Colors of Benetton, Undercolors of Benetton and Sisley Young children's wear ranges will carry a special Eco Safe label.
The clothes will be monitored throughout the production process by a technical committee of safety experts who will assess the clothes' potential physical/mechanical risks.
The company said over 45,000 chemical and physical/mechanical tests were carried out on numerous products in 2011. The number of test samples and tests commissioned by Benetton's suppliers has increased this year.
Companies: Benetton Group SpA
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis