ITALY: Benetton launches children's wear safety project
Italian fashion business Benetton has launched a project to inform consumers about the safety of its children's products.
Dress Safely, which looks into the presence of potentially dangerous components in children's wear, is part of a stringent control policy covering all the group's products.
The project was developed after the company's children's wear ranges adopted the Eco Safe mark for meeting high chemical and mechanical safety standards. The Eco Safe mark is issued by ICQ group, a consumer goods quality and safety certifying body.
The group's 2012/2013 autumn/winter collections, including United Colors of Benetton, Undercolors of Benetton and Sisley Young children's wear ranges will carry a special Eco Safe label.
The clothes will be monitored throughout the production process by a technical committee of safety experts who will assess the clothes' potential physical/mechanical risks.
The company said over 45,000 chemical and physical/mechanical tests were carried out on numerous products in 2011. The number of test samples and tests commissioned by Benetton's suppliers has increased this year.
Benetton is rolling out the WFX On-demand web-based PLM solution across its South Asian operations to help manage product development and production and to collaborate with its vendor base....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change