ITALY: Benetton posts 22% drop in FY profit
- Full-year profit falls 22%
- Revenues down 3.7% to EUR2.05bn
- Sees "more energetic" demand in 2010
Italian clothing retailer Benetton Group has posted a 22% drop in full-year profit, but says it hopes to see "more energetic" demand in the second half of 2010.
In 2009, though, net profit fell to just over EUR120m from EUR155m a year earlier.
And revenues were down 3.7% to EUR2.05bn from a record high of EUR2.13bn in 2008.
In Europe, which has suffered most from the economic crisis, sales dropped 4%. In contrast, emerging market sales jumped 15%, driven by countries like India where revenurs were up by almost 50%.
The company said its sales were "impressive" against a backdrop of acute declines in the domestic and international economy.
Textile segment sales rose by 8% on the previous year to EUR102m, while Apparel sales fell 3% to EUR1.95bn.
Looking ahead, the Italian firm expects "continued uncertainty" in the early part of 2010 but believes demand in the second half of the year should be "more energetic" in its main markets "and could generate positive effects starting with the 2010 autumn/winter collections."
"Colombia's clothing and textile industry is one of the largest and most experienced in Latin America, especially with the application of technology in production processes," according to Camila Toled...
Following hot on the heels of American and European fashion brands, it is now the turn of the Chinese to look at growth in India....
The Indian government has opened up the debate on foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail by seeking comments on the issue from a range of stakeholders including overseas retailers and i...
Iconix Brand Group has completed its purchase of the Peanuts brand - home of Charlie Brown, Snoopy and other cartoon characters - after joining forces with the Schulz family....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey