ITALY: Benetton Posts 9% Fall In FY Revenue
Fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA has registered a preliminary €1.69 billion revenue for 2004, a drop of 9 per cent on last year's €1.86bn.
Sales of the company's core casual clothing lines, which account for 90 per cent of the group's revenue, fell 4.75 per cent to €1.50bn.
The group result was partly affected by the selling-off of its sports equipment units during 2004.
Treviso-based Benetton operates over 5,000 franchised stores in 120 countries under the names United Colors of Benetton and Sisley.
Companies: Benetton Group SpA
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Italian fashion company Benetton has acquired the Dos Munecos textiles plant in Trelew, south Argentina....
Benetton is putting its stamp on its Indian business after buying out the half-share owned by Indian partner DCM....
Fashion company Benetton Group SpA, which last week confirmed lower first-quarter profit, says it will spend over €200 million on expanding the group this year....
Fashion group Benetton has confirmed a net profit decrease for the first quarter of 2005....
Italian fashion giant Benetton Group has signed an exclusive international deal with toy company Mattel for a range of Barbie-branded clothing called Barbie loves Benetton....
Founder of fashion company Benetton Group SpA, Luciano Benetton, says his son Alessandro Benetton will be named vice-chairman of the company at 16 May's shareholders' meeting....
Fashion chain operator Benetton Group has signed a deal with holidng company Boyner Group for a joint manufacturing and development venture in Turkey called Benetton Giyim Sanayi....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022