ARGENTINA: Benetton Puts $5m Into Argentinian Mill
Benetton, the Italian fashion house, has reported that it is to invest $5m in its Argentinian mill. The funding will be used to improve and expand Benetton's combing and washing operations. It is expected that the number of jobs at the plant will double. The Benetton brothers have an estimated one million hectares (more than 3,861 sq miles) of land in Patagonia and the Pampa wetlands in Buenos Aires province dedicated to sheep ranching, which provides the manufacturers with about 10 per cent of the wool they need for their garment production.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022