ITALY: Benetton Records 32% H1 Net Profit Hike
Italy's largest clothing maker Benetton Group SpA has reported profits of €68 million for the first six months of 2004 - a 32 per cent increase from €50m in the same period last year.
First-half operating profit dropped 14 per cent to €111m, from €130 in the first half of 2003.
Revenue fell 12 per cent to €853m, from €969m.
Benetton says it expects to post net profit of between €125m and €130m for the full year.
It predicts full-year revenue to be approximately €1.75 billion.
Companies: Benetton Group SpA
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Italian fashion company Benetton has acquired the Dos Munecos textiles plant in Trelew, south Argentina....
Benetton is putting its stamp on its Indian business after buying out the half-share owned by Indian partner DCM....
Fashion company Benetton Group SpA, which last week confirmed lower first-quarter profit, says it will spend over €200 million on expanding the group this year....
Fashion group Benetton has confirmed a net profit decrease for the first quarter of 2005....
Italian fashion giant Benetton Group has signed an exclusive international deal with toy company Mattel for a range of Barbie-branded clothing called Barbie loves Benetton....
Founder of fashion company Benetton Group SpA, Luciano Benetton, says his son Alessandro Benetton will be named vice-chairman of the company at 16 May's shareholders' meeting....
Fashion chain operator Benetton Group has signed a deal with holidng company Boyner Group for a joint manufacturing and development venture in Turkey called Benetton Giyim Sanayi....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective