ITALY: Benetton to open 40 Spanish stores?
Italian fashion giant Benetton is set to open 40 new stores in Spain this year as part of the company's international expansion programme, according to local press reports.
The new stores will be concentrated in the north of the country, the reports said, including the regions of Galicia, Cantabria, Asturias and the Basque Country.
Benetton has already opened a new 180 square metre store through local franchise partner F Franchising in the town of Lugo in Galicia.
The programme of new openings represents an acceleration of the company's expansion in Spain, adding to the 32 outlets opened in 2007. Benetton has more than 350 retail outlets in Spain, some 300 of them franchises.
Benetton failed to reply to just-style's requests for further comment on the reports.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Kenya's apparel exports suffered a serious setback at the beginning of this year when ethnic violence erupted across the country. Orders are now returning, and garment makers are pinning their hopes o...
Italian company The Benetton Group says it expects revenues in the first half of the year to increase by around 5%, at constant exchange rates, compared with the first half of 2007....
The first temporary store under the United Colors of Benetton banner opened in Milan last week to showcase products for children and mothers....
Italy's Benetton Group has signed a strategic deal with retailer Sears Mexico aimed at expanding the United Colors of Benetton (UCB) brand in the central American country....
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022