ITALY: Benetton Up 11 Per Cent On Sports Unit Revamp
Italian fashion chain Benetton SpA revealed an 11 per cent climb in first half net profit on Thursday as results were boosted by a reorganisation of its sports unit and the sale of manufacturing unit Color Service. Benetton said net profit rose to 60 million euros but sales for the first six months of the year slipped four per cent to one billion euros. Gross operating income climbed 1.3 per cent to 453 million euros.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth