UK: Berghaus completes merger deal with Brasher
A staged integration of Berghaus and Brasher has been taking place for two years
Outdoor performance clothing and footwear specialist Berghaus has completed a deal to integrate footwear firm Brasher into its business.
A staged integration of the two operations has been taking place for two years. During that time, both companies have adapted their businesses in order that ranges are complementary, rather than take market share from each other.
From 2015, Brasher footwear will be sold under Berghaus, but will remain as a "distinctive and developing" style. The Hillmaster, Fellmaster, Supalite and Hilllwalker will be sold, promoted and supported as Berghaus products. The brand, however, will be represented by elements of dual branding on the products, in packaging and point of sale, and through marketing support.
A spokesperson for Berghaus told just-style: "The latest development does not signal the end of the Brasher brand. There may be other Brasher projects in the pipeline and the name will in fact continue to feature on the boots for the foreseeable future (on the products and packaging, and in marketing material), albeit under the Berghaus ‘umbrella'."
A range of options for the future of Brasher, and products bearing its name, are being considered and news of longer term plans for the brand will be revealed in due course, Berghaus has said.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report