UK: Berghaus completes merger deal with Brasher
A staged integration of Berghaus and Brasher has been taking place for two years
Outdoor performance clothing and footwear specialist Berghaus has completed a deal to integrate footwear firm Brasher into its business.
A staged integration of the two operations has been taking place for two years. During that time, both companies have adapted their businesses in order that ranges are complementary, rather than take market share from each other.
From 2015, Brasher footwear will be sold under Berghaus, but will remain as a "distinctive and developing" style. The Hillmaster, Fellmaster, Supalite and Hilllwalker will be sold, promoted and supported as Berghaus products. The brand, however, will be represented by elements of dual branding on the products, in packaging and point of sale, and through marketing support.
A spokesperson for Berghaus told just-style: "The latest development does not signal the end of the Brasher brand. There may be other Brasher projects in the pipeline and the name will in fact continue to feature on the boots for the foreseeable future (on the products and packaging, and in marketing material), albeit under the Berghaus ‘umbrella'."
A range of options for the future of Brasher, and products bearing its name, are being considered and news of longer term plans for the brand will be revealed in due course, Berghaus has said.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry