UK: Berghaus completes merger deal with Brasher
A staged integration of Berghaus and Brasher has been taking place for two years
Outdoor performance clothing and footwear specialist Berghaus has completed a deal to integrate footwear firm Brasher into its business.
A staged integration of the two operations has been taking place for two years. During that time, both companies have adapted their businesses in order that ranges are complementary, rather than take market share from each other.
From 2015, Brasher footwear will be sold under Berghaus, but will remain as a "distinctive and developing" style. The Hillmaster, Fellmaster, Supalite and Hilllwalker will be sold, promoted and supported as Berghaus products. The brand, however, will be represented by elements of dual branding on the products, in packaging and point of sale, and through marketing support.
A spokesperson for Berghaus told just-style: "The latest development does not signal the end of the Brasher brand. There may be other Brasher projects in the pipeline and the name will in fact continue to feature on the boots for the foreseeable future (on the products and packaging, and in marketing material), albeit under the Berghaus ‘umbrella'."
A range of options for the future of Brasher, and products bearing its name, are being considered and news of longer term plans for the brand will be revealed in due course, Berghaus has said.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape